Quick scribbles; not polished treatises.
- Setting up SSL with nginx… Brief notes from my experience in setting up nginx on a DigitalOcean droplet running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS to use SSL with a Comodo EssentialSSL wildcard certificate from NameCheap.
- Analogy 101 A quick note on understanding an analogy.
- Upcoming events: Sept/Oct 2013. September and October are going be very busy months for me with the Brighton Digital Festival, the kick off of Prometheus with a residency at Lighthouse, and talks at various international conferences on Indie Data and Exprience‐driven Open Technology.
- Responsive typography with CSS Feature Queries. Soon, we will be able to use CSS Feature Queries to better match font rendering across different devices.
- Fork me on GitHub Retina Ribbons Show some love for GitHub with these crisp Retina ribbons.
- Open iTerm tab in same directory. A little AppleScript application to open a new iTerm tab in the directory you’re currently in.
- Vector diagonal stripe patterns. I made some vector stripes. Enjoy!
- Fun with developers’ penises and PHP: the male gaze, revisited. The male gaze is a term used in critical media theory to describe a story, scene, or specific shots that are framed from the perspective of men, for the pleasure of other men. The concept of the male gaze applies to more than just film, however. It applies equally to the framing of the ‘Enhance Your PHPness!’ t‐shirts distributed by Web & PHP magazine at PHP UK 2013.
- nodemon is a lovely little tool for watching for changes to node.js source code and automatically restarting your server during development.
- npm install -g — ERR! Please try running this command again as root/Administrator. When running
npm install -g somepackage, you may get an
EACCESerror asking you to run the command again as root/Administrator. Here’s how to fix this on OS X.