SWX Beta 1.1 and SWX MAMP Bundle release
This is a very important release. Among other things, it introduces the SWX MAMP Bundle for OS X.
The SWX MAMP Bundle for OS X gives Mac users who don't want to worry about installing and running their own development server (web server with PHP) a one-click installer with everything they need to get started with SWX.
Watch the new SWX screencast to get up and running with SWX in no time at all!
The full change list for SWX Beta 1.1 follows:
- Now works on PHP 4.4.3. PHP 4.4.2+ and PHP 5.x supported (Thanks to Larry Mahony for the bug report that led to this fix).
- Twitter SWX API no longer requires cURL (but will use it if it exists). Thanks to Wouter Verweirder's code contribution.
- PHP4 code in service classes that uses deprecated syntax should no longer cause SWX calls to fail.
- An error is now raised if undefined is sent as a value for a method argument from Flash
- Re-enabled SWX errors from the server (fixed post-Beta 1 regression in trunk)
- Fixed bug with unit test code in PHP 5.1.2 (order of classes in a PHP file is apparently important in that version of PHP when extending a base class.)
- If a server-side method doesn't take arguments, you can now leave out the args property without getting an error.
- Updated the look of the SWX Analyzer to better fit the beta look.
- SWX Flickr API: Started. Added phpFlickr as a library to SWX.
- SWX Twitter API: friends() call now requires user and password
- SWX Twitter API: Existing friends (no auth) method renamed to friendsNoAuth()
- Optimized call parameter lookups (isset instead of array_key_exists) - contributed by Arjan.
- SWX ActionScript classes now compile under MTASC (thanks Wouter).
- Added MTASC example.
- Added better profiling for SWX calls in preparation for optimization.
- Refactored the Twitter class to pull out utility methods to BaseServiceClass - contributed by Steve Webster.
I'm very excited about this release and will be blogging about it in more detail in the coming days.