Mature Flash: Boagworld podcast
Paul Boag recently interviewed me for his Boagworld podcast. In the podcast, Paul says that the interview made him "realize that Flash has grown up a lot and it's been tarred with a brush which is somewhat out of date these days."
From the podcast description on the site:
In our previous podcasts on flash we focused very much on the dangers associated with adding flash to your site. Although this was a necessary discussion it gave a somewhat one sided view of what is a very exciting technology. Therefore we thought it would be a good idea to redress the balance by looking at just how much flash has matured over the last couple of years.
Paul and Aral discuss:
- How Aral got into flash development
- Flashes capabilities beyond the basic animation for which it has become known
- Flash video
- The accessibility problems surrounding flash
- Printing with flash
- Flash applications and how they interact with the humble web browser
- Adobe's new flash development platform
- The flash open source community
- The open source flash media server
- Some general principles of good flash design
- The future of flash
Also in this episode of boagworld Paul and Marcus discuss whether accessibility is holding back the world of web design and how to write a good CV as a freelance web designer.Listen to the Mature Flash Boagworld podcast.