Flash 8 Professional Video: Alpha Channel and Video Cue Points Example
If my previous post didn't alert you to the fact, I'm a very big fan of the new video functionality in Flash 8 Professional. The new video importer wizard is an amazing workflow enhancer and the new alpha channel and event/navigation cue points features offer a world of creative possibilities for integrating video into Flash sites and applications.
This past Thursday, we held a Flash 8 Special at the London Macromedia User Group wherein Mike Downey did a presentation and a couple of us -- Guy Watson, Richard Leggett, Stephen Downs (Tink) and myself -- took part in a Flash 8 Jam (short 10 minute sessions demonstrating a single new feature.) My topic was Flash 8 Video and I presented a quick-and-dirty example that took me at most fifteen minutes to create.
The sample demonstrates the use of alpha channel video (Betina walks by as the dynamic text field behind her displays constantly changing numbers (which you can select/edit) and event cue points (the pop-up speech bubbles are triggered by them at certain points in the video.) Oh yeah, and notice the drop shadows on the speech bubbles... ooooh, aaaah, ok, moving along now...
Here is the quick-and-dirty code for the example, showing you how to listen for cue point events and handle them:
- // Array of speech bubbles
- var nextBubbleIndex:Number = 0;
- var bubbles:Array = [ bubble1, bubble2, bubble3 ];
- // Listen for cuePoint events on the FLVPlayback component
- myFlvPlayback.addEventListener ( "cuePoint", this );
- // Event handler: cuePoint
- function cuePoint ( eventObj:Object )
- var nextBubble:MovieClip = bubbles [ nextBubbleIndex ];
- // Change the text field every frame to create
- // flickering random text.
- function onEnterFrame ()
- var numbersStr:String = "";
- for ( var i:Number = 0; i < 100; i ++ )
- numbersStr += String ( Math.random() );
- bgText.text = numbersStr;
by barkest on 2005-09-21 19:07:56
early days but thanks for the inspiration :-)
by steve on 2005-09-29 16:35:56
more to come very soon...
by Laurence Wheway on 2005-11-07 17:37:42
by sondz on 2006-04-25 00:28:47
by Eva and Karin on 2006-10-06 14:13:13
by aral on 2006-10-08 20:55:35
by Dave on 2006-10-18 07:32:20
by Amazing: Playstation-quality 3D in Flash! at Aral Balkan on 2007-02-16 15:31:47
by jeffery on 2007-02-28 00:03:45
by alan on 2007-09-24 18:19:31
by How to Put Flash Alpha Channel Video On Website on 2007-09-27 17:36:04
by priyanka on 2008-10-31 12:10:20
by priyanka on 2008-10-24 07:36:53
by Fatche on 2008-09-12 18:40:03
by andrew on 2009-07-13 19:48:47